Assistant d’anglais | Teaching English in France
“Assistant d’anglais”, Teaching English in France, is a program offered by Ministry of Education of the French Republic and is managed by the International Center for Pedagogical Studies (CIEP), at the international level, and in India by the Embassy of France.
As part of this program, 40 to 50 Indian students are recruited to work as English-speaking assistant teachers in French public schools. The program allows the students from Indian universities to become familiar with the French language and civilization, while bringing, within the schools where they are employed, the authenticity of their language and the richness of their culture.
Their stay in France will cover a period of 7 months, usually from October to April. They are appointed as Assistant Teachers in primary or secondary schools. They assist to English-speaking teachers.
1. Candidate should be an Indian citizen or citizen of the country from which the candidate is applying.
2. Should have the student status.
3. Should not have benefited from the program of “English-speaking Assistants” in the past,
4. Should have a degree (or enrolled in the 3rd year of the Bachelor’s degree),
5. Should be under 35 years of age at the time of the application.
6. Should have obtained the British Council / IDP IELTS Certificate of Proficiency with a grade above 7.5
7. Should have a good level of French: French B1 minimum (DFP, DELF, TCF, TEF, etc.) or B.A. French from an Indian university.
Objectives of the program:
1. The candidate will teach English in French public schools.
2. Candidate will obtain linguistic and cultural discovery, immersed in a professional situation.
3. Familiarization with the teaching practices of French schools, particularly for language teaching; the assistants must indeed integrate into schools and build an educational offer in accordance with the guidelines given to them by English teachers.
4. Strengthening links between French and Indians & mutual knowledge of two cultures.
5. Studies: It is recommended that the assistants follow, as far as their professional obligations permit, the courses in a French university.
The deadline to apply for this program for the year 2019-20 is December 02, 2018.
If you have already missed the opportunity for the year 2019-20, please wait for more updates on the entry 2020-21.